[T3] 72 Fastback engine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 12 06:39:51 PDT 2012

On 12 Sep 2012 at 6:49, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> The Monza was not my idea. I wanted to go with a stock exhaust but it was so
> expensive and we had already spent so much of the budget on unexpected
> things or things that cost a lot more than I remember them costing. We had
> to make up that money somewhere.

You're right, going back to stock, especially if you need the upper
heat exchangers, is going to be very expensive. If you keep this car,
however, you'll do it someday, so keep your eye open for those parts.

I fully understand your comment about prices being higher than you
remember. I have a hard time any time it comes to buying new parts.
I'm just lucky to have such a collection of old parts that I seldom
need new.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org