[T3] 72 Fastback engine

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Wed Sep 12 13:37:21 PDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org
[mailto:type3-vwtype3.org-bounces at lists.vwtype3.org] On Behalf Of Ken Main
Mail
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:43 PM
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] 72 Fastback engine

Dennis,

I bought a brand duel quiet pack exhaust muffler system for my 71.  I used
it for 800 miles.  It is in excellent condition.  I did not find it
excessively noisy or too loud, it kinda sounded like an old Porsche 356.   I
put back my original muffler. You see, I had a problem getting the heat box
off the muffler to install a new copper gasket ring.  Well after putting
blasters on the big gland nut to separate the heat box to the muffler it
fineally came off and I was able to use my old muffler again. It has chrome
tips and fits nicely without sticking out too far.

The duel quite pack was on the car less than 6 weeks. It cost me $225 new
and I am willing to let it go for $125 plus shipping.  This is a good deal.

Ken Rogers  928-759-2862

Ken, I would take you up on that but because of budget restrains I'm stuck
with the Monza for now.  Sorry):  You are right on the quiet pack. I have 71
STD. beetle with a single quiet pack and it has held up for a long time and
is almost as quiet as the stock pea shooters that was on it.

Dennis