[T3] A question about air vents

David Sanderson djsanderson at telus.net
Tue Sep 11 20:58:16 PDT 2012

Hi Folks
I'm putting the car together, slowly but I am making progress. That is
until I tried to put the fresh air vents under the dash. I have put in
the plastic fittings in each corner. They also vent to one in the
centre of the windscreen. But I cannot get mine to fit between the
wiper motor nor will it fit on the other side of the wiper motor. In
fact I cannot figure out how it goes in. I have one from the original
65 and also one from the 71 but neither fits. Does anyone have an
under-the-dash photo of one of these things in place? I am
specifically looking for a '65 vintage setup.
Thanks in advance.
Dave
notch build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5600139&highlight=#5600139