[T3] Generator ... Again

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 07:01:58 PDT 2012

In a message dated 9/19/2012 12:44:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

I  checked a little deeper this morning, looking for the correct
brushes for  the early 12 V generators. What I found was that those
brushes were marked  as superceeded in my 1990 Bosch price list. So
there's almost no chance of  finding them somewhere.

They were superceeded by the later version,  which I have, so the
thing to do is to shorten them until the brush spring  seems to fit
correctly.

I'll work on this some more and then post  my conclusions.

Jim, let me know what you find, as I do have 1 of this style generator (the
 others have the screw type posts), but have the later style brushes. It's
currently residing in Sue's car, so it doesn't really see a lot of miles,
but I  would to have a set of "correct" brushes for it. Thanks.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)