[T3] Mystery Wires

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Sep 20 13:40:03 PDT 2012

Some of you guys may not approve how I am putting on this harness but I do
it this way sometimes with FI and engine management systems on modern cars
and it works out ok.  Since we had the FI harness off for the paint job I
decided to install it on the engine before we install the it in the car then
slip the part of the harness that plugs up to the ECU through the hole that
goes in the part where the brain is mounted.  Everything has hooked up ok
but I have 4 mystery wires I'm not sure where they go.  I think one goes to
the temperature sensor in the left head but not sure on that.  The numbers
on these wires are faded out except for one and it has the number 18 on it.
Two of these wires come out behind the generator the other two comes out
close to the wire that goes to the pressure sensor.  I have tried to take
the DVOM and see where they come out on the terminal that plugs into the
ECU.  No reading at all for the two behind the generator and the other two
one has no reading and the one that has 18 on it seems to be tied into the
wire that goes to the thermo switch according to the DVOM.  If I'm not
making any sense I can take either some still photos of this location or do
a you tube video and link it here and try that. We are so close to getting
it in and hearing it run but so far away still it seems. I guess I'm having
a little trouble with this because as some of you all know this FI system
came off a parts car of the same year as this car which has not been running
FI since 1984. This has definitely been like putting to gather a jig saw
puzzle that I didn't see where some of the pieces where to start with. Sorry
for the long post.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback