[T3] Mystery Wires

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 05:29:18 PDT 2012

In a message dated 9/20/2012 6:48:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I.I.R.C.  18 goes to the starter for cold start. Not feeling well,  so...

Yes, this sounds right. But, if you leave the cold start off, I think you
still need that wire attached to the starter (use the terminal that only has
 power when the starter is activated). I think this is mainly so the ECU
knows  that the car is being started. Or you could hook up the CS part of the
system  too (until you find it flooding the engine), and just leave the fuel
hose  off the CS valve (plugged of course). ;-) My 71 Notch didn't get the
CS  system installed, and it still started on a 20* day, so in your area
you'd  probably be ok.

Supposedly the CS was for use in cold climates, and depending on the
thermal switch, kicked in at either 30 or 40 degrees. However, most people had
trouble with it flooding the engine well above those temps. :O Keep in mind
that  the 68 and 69 version came without the CS, but it could be added as a
package  from the dealer.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)