[T3] Generator ... again

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 26 07:57:07 PDT 2012

There's a sort of saddle on the top of the brush which the spring rests in.
If the flat part is towards the spring, the ramp runs down away from the
brush spring.

This page has a photo shows an angled face on the mid part of the brush that
the spring rests in:-
http://www.megabug.co.uk/vw-air-cooled-dynamo-brushes-12-volt-system-759-p.a
sp

This page shows a brush fitted in a Beetle dynamo with the spring tail on
the flat top of the brush, not in the ramp.
I assume that's what Jim is saying, but I may have that wrong.
http://www.reluctantmechanic.com/step-by-step/change_generator_brushes.php

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club