[T3] Generator ... again

rheorojo@F rheorojo at frontier.com
Thu Sep 27 13:24:32 PDT 2012

Many thanks to those that chimed in. I just replaced my brushes using Bosch 1-107-014-140.Purchased at the local parts + store. Ramp/notch cut with high side to the spring. The old ones had the ramp with the high side to the pig tail, and were worn at an angle and not square to the sides. I now have 13.9 to 14.0 volts at idle and a constant 14.1 while driving. I hope/expect the voltage to creep up as the brushes wear to fit the radius of the commutator. This is measured at the battery terminals to the digital volt meter mounted in the car. I also just replaced the distributer with one Jim rebuilt for me a while back.
It's nice to get the car back out on the road.
Tim