[T3] Problem starting / warming up

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:15:00 PDT 2012

This sounds like what typically happens if the idle is set too high.
The FI is programmed to automatically turn off the injectors if the
RPM rises above something like 1400 and stay off until it falls back
below something like 1100.

Is this the reason why my 1969, FI, MT Square "lopes" for several
minutes when I start the engine and just let it sit in the driveway
idling?.
When I start the engine and drive the car at moderate city speeds, the
engine never seems to "lope" when I come to a stop.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)