[T3] Generator ... again

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Sep 28 11:35:40 PDT 2012

In a message dated 9/28/2012 1:39:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

That  "ramp" is AWAY from the anchor point
of the brush  spring.

Correct?

The orientation (correct or incorrect direction  which the brush faces)
is determined by the "pigtail wire" and how it fits  into the slot of
the brush holder.

Also correct?

Geez ...  I've still got a lot to learn
1)  about my car
2)  what you  experienced guys believe that everyone understands,
3)  is common  knowledge and
4)  every list member  knows.

Don't feel bad Gary, I'm still confused too. In the pic Dave hall posted a
link to, the groove moves away from where the "pig tail" attaches to the
brush.  That's completely opposite from what I think Jim was trying to explain
with  words ( I think?).
Jim wrote;
High side toward the spring; ramp goes down toward the pigtail.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)