[T3] Generator ... Again

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Fri Sep 28 18:12:43 PDT 2012

On Sep 26, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> Send me the Bosch part # and the VW part number off your generator,
> and include the year of car this would have come off. I'll see what I
> can find. I don't have all the early years, but I'm trying to get
> them.

The one I've got is on a 1965 Variant.  This car has had a tortured
past, though, so I have no idea if it's original to the car, but I
would be surprised if it were.

Anyway, it's marked:
Bosch 0 101 206 044
VW 311 903 021 A

I hadn't thought, until just now, to check my official workshop manual.
With a print date of January 1965, it says to use:
Bosch WSK 15 L 25 Z
VW 111 903 515 A

Soren