[T3] Generator ... Again

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 28 20:06:40 PDT 2012

On 28 Sep 2012 at 18:12, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
>
> > Send me the Bosch part # and the VW part number off your generator,
> > and include the year of car this would have come off. I'll see what I
> > can find. I don't have all the early years, but I'm trying to get
> > them.
>
> The one I've got is on a 1965 Variant.  This car has had a tortured
> past, though, so I have no idea if it's original to the car, but I
> would be surprised if it were.
>
> Anyway, it's marked:
> Bosch 0 101 206 044
> VW 311 903 021 A
>
> I hadn't thought, until just now, to check my official workshop manual.
> With a print date of January 1965, it says to use:
> Bosch WSK 15 L 25 Z
> VW 111 903 515 A

The Bosch info I Xeroxed didn't go back that far. I'm in the process
of finding the rest of the data, so I'll try to get back to you on
that. The Bosch numbers, with both letters & numbers are LONG
obsolete, but I should be able to get a more modern number.

The modern #s should be 11 007 (or 1 197 014 134.)

The latest VW # that I find for your brush is the C version.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org