[T3] Engine bolted in good news bad news

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Sep 28 20:06:40 PDT 2012

On 28 Sep 2012 at 20:30, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> All the O-rings are brand new just  put them on just before we put the
> engine in. I don't see how this can be anything but the injectors.  One of
> them is yellow and it doesn't leak as bad as the rest but it leaks too. Keep
> in mind these injectors have been setting up for 32 years.

The O-rings we're talking about are INSIDE the injectors. You can't
see them and you can't get to them without cutting the injector
apart. Your only hope would be to let the injectors and their O-rings
stew in gas for a few days to see if that fattens them up. Gasoline
w/alcohol (gasohol) may be better for this than straight gas, but I'm
not sure about that.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org