[T3] Headliner

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Sep 30 12:18:49 PDT 2012

In a message dated 9/30/2012 2:03:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

That  being said dose anybody have any headliner experience
here?  I've  heard a lot of people say this is a hard job.  Hopefully since
the  glass and seats have not been reinstalled back in yet it won't be  too
bad.  Is there anywhere on the net where I can get some  installing
directions?   I have watched a couple of videos on you  tube on installing
one on a Beetle.  Anything we need to do or look  out for?

You need a bunch of those metal office spring clip things (like 200 or so),
 a lot of time, and a lot of patience (don't get in a hurry). Also use 3M
spray  glue, rather than generic contact adhesive, as it works better for
headliners. I  think Mark Witwicki (W1K1 on the Samba) did a great job of doing
a 65 Squareback  headliner, as did Brent, on his 69 Fastback. You might
want to do search of  those 2 projects, to help get some ideas.

And yes, it is a hard job, as you need ALL of the stuff I mentioned above).
 I'd rather repack CV's or do something else than do a headliner. :O

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)