[T3] Happy Birthday Eggcrate!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 15:49:57 PDT 2012

I finally looked at both of mine again, the 64-5 speedos on the S models do
go 0 20 30... in incriments of 10 to 100 but the Notches speedo has round
hash marks, they DO line up properly, the Crates are rectangular, one is
red, and the DON'T line up properly.  Both faceplates are on properly and
the date codes are good... I think the rectangular faceplates are the KPH
ones and didn't get changed out when the MPH guts were put in.

But that's just a guess...

Keith

Keith, I'll take a look later on today, and see IF my  65 -100 mph speedo
has "round" hash marks. I think mine are  rectangular. Is yours properly
date
coded? Just asking, as it seems  strange to swap the guts in one of these
speedometers, but not  change the face. On another note, I do know that
after
50,  my 65  speedo's hash marks don't really align correctly with the
numbers. :O  It  kind of makes driving at 70+ a little tricky. ;-)

I did get a chance to look at it yesterday, and it does have rectangular
hash marks for the speedo. Mine also starts at 20 mph, then goes to 100 in
10
 mph increments.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)