[T3] Crate engine, Verdict!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 17:39:47 PDT 2012

Split the case today, came apart nicely.  The reason I have to pull apart a
33Kmi engine with a bearing noise is because it was run out of oil at some
point.  The Mains are scored, the center main was the one banging around on
startup, the shells were loose in the case and although they were scored
they really didn't look worn down too much.  The crank is damaged, but
hopefully they can cut it .10 under and clean it up.  Cam looks fine,
lifters looked OK but a bit pithy in the middle. Cylinders seemed to survive
the lack of oil just fine.

So is RIMCO still in business? Still the place to send stuff?
Whats the story on oil pumps for these.  they have much smaller studs so the
1600 pumps aren't going to fit, what are my options?

Ill post pictures soon, I still have to remove the rods.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"