[T3] 1971 Fastback

David Yaghoubian goob at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 1 17:13:05 PDT 2013

Perhaps a no brainer, but given the options (assuming Jim does rebuild
starters) I would go:

Jim
New Bosch
Reman Bosch
Brand X

I had such terrible experiences with remanufactured Bosch GR16x generators
that the part number is forever tattooed to the headliner of my skull.
Ultimately an old school gen/alt shop on San Pablo Ave. in Albany, CA
rebuilt one of the failed rebuilds, and that one lasted until I
"upgraded/downgraded" to an alternator... roughly 10 years! I have heard
better things about the new Bosch, but IMHO nothing beats a hand-rebuild by
a pro.

Dave Y.
68 sqbk