[T3] 1971 Fastback

Art Sterrett asterrett2010 at att.net
Mon Apr 1 15:13:19 PDT 2013

After checking everything per the Bentley Manual I have decided the starter in my Fastback has failed.  I am not sure if Jim rebuilds the starters or not, I do not remember seeing them on the price list.  I have found that you can buy new Bosch starters, Re manufactured Bosch starters, and brand x.  There is only $12 difference between new and re manufactured.

Let me know what would be the better way to go and if there are any other options I should look at.  Also should the bushing be changed.  How do you determine whether or not to change it and how difficult is it to change.  Does it require any special tools?
Thank you, I will wait to hear!

Art Sterrett
Mobile, Alabama