[T3] size and pitch of rear brake drum bolts

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 9 07:28:03 PDT 2013

On 9 Apr 2013 at 11:29, Dave Hall wrote:

> Oops, I must read the question properly!

;-)

> Oddly, the drawing in the parts book shows a hex head screw.

Hmmm, right. I never noticed that before. Looks like no one showed
the draftsman one of the bolts, or perhaps the first few cars,
starting in '66, actually got hex heads, but then they were
superceeded by the button heads with no change in the drawing.

The button heads certainly LOOK nice, but they're a pain to deal
with. For a part that's almost never visible, I'm surprised that VW
bothered with the special bolt. It must have been one engineer's
special "baby."

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org