[T3] 72 Air cleaner to body

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Apr 13 17:38:35 PDT 2013

On 14 Apr 2013 at 0:18, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> The clamps used to hold to the air cleaner and to the body, what are y'all using for alternatives or is it best to use the stock ones and does anyone have any?
> Since I am doing the Mega Squirt I am just wondering if anyone also has an alternative to connect the air cleaner to the body.

What I generally recommend is that you use the stock one on the body
end and nothing on the air cleaner end. That makes the air cleaner
easier to remove and avoids the bellows damage that frequently arises
when one tries to remove the air cleaner without releasing that
clamp.

Likewise for the elbow from the air cleaner to the intake air
distributor. I tighten the one on the air cleaner end, but snug the
one on the IAD just enough that it will seal, but still slide off
easily without touching the clamp. I actually install those clamps so
the screws are on the bottom; that makes them look neater and it
makes it nearly impossible for someone to tighten or loosen them
accidentally.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org