[T3] 72 Air cleaner to body

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Tue Apr 16 12:37:00 PDT 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 7:38 PM, "Jim Adney" <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

> On 14 Apr 2013 at 0:18, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:
>
>> The clamps used to hold to the air cleaner and to the body, what are y'all using for alternatives or is it best to use the stock ones and does anyone have any?
>> Since I am doing the Mega Squirt I am just wondering if anyone also has an alternative to connect the air cleaner to the body.
>
> What I generally recommend is that you use the stock one on the body
> end and nothing on the air cleaner end. That makes the air cleaner
> easier to remove and avoids the bellows damage that frequently arises
> when one tries to remove the air cleaner without releasing that
> clamp.

Another option is to get a set (or just one) of the stock quick release clamps. They make air cleaner removal easy but still let you keep a clamp on both sides. I haven't been able to figure out when they were used originally, but they come up for sale every once in a while. I've been very happy since getting mine.

Soren