[T3] 72 Air cleaner to body

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Apr 16 14:03:21 PDT 2013

On 16 Apr 2013 at 14:37, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> Another option is to get a set (or just one) of the stock quick
> release clamps. They make air cleaner removal easy but still let you
> keep a clamp on both sides. I haven't been able to figure out when
> they were used originally, but they come up for sale every once in a
> while. I've been very happy since getting mine.

All our cars originally came with one of the QR clamps on the AC end
of the input bellows. The body end was always a screw tightened
version. The QR versions often got abused and deformed, and were
eventually lost. I figured out that everything sealed and worked just
fine with no clamp at all on the AC end. I still have the QR clamps
on most of my cars, but I'm careful with them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org