[T3] no fuel spray at injectors

Ken Main Mail kensue356 at cableone.net
Tue Apr 16 09:32:11 PDT 2013

Jim,

On 15 Apr 2013 at 9:16, Ken Main Mail wrote:

> I have a  FI 71 T3 1775 cc automatic, freshly rebuilt engine zero miles.
The
> second rebuild.  IT WON'T START..  My former mechanic, well let's not go
> there, knows nothing on FI.  I have  the car home since September.

Do these tests in this order until you get to the one that fails.

Turn the key ON. You should hear a relay click and then a second
click about 1 second later.

   Yes, both Relays comes on and clicks also fuel pump comes on then stops.

Turn the key ON and go to the engine. Press the throttle down while
you listen. You should hear a series of injector clicks as the
throttle opens but not as it closes.

   Yes, series of clicks from injectors hear from right side only.

Loosen the distributor clamp and pull the distributor up about 1 cm.
Remove the dist cap. Disconnect the green wire from the coil. Turn
the key ON. As you rotate the dist rotor, round and round CW, you
should hear injectors click about every half turn.

    Yes, heard and felt injectors clicking while cw dist rotor, both sides.
Note: As I disconnected green wire from coil to dist with key on, slight
sparking and the fuel pressure regulator was whining that high pitch getting
higher and higher until it stopped. You could feel the fuel pressure
regulator vibrating.

Still no start.

Kenny Rogers

Let us know what you find.