[T3] Front beam is loose revisited (finally)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Apr 21 20:22:22 PDT 2013

On 21 Apr 2013 at 17:38, Chris Slaymaker wrote:

> I cleaned everything up, put it all back, tightened it down, and
> pumped some fresh grease in there.
>
> Easy fix.  Thanks Jim!

Yes, it's easy, and that's just one more reason not to put it off.
Putting it off allows the parts to wobble around and wear each other
out until they no longer fit snugly. Put this off too long, and you
no longer have an easy to fix problem. If it comes loose again, try
tightening the set screws up as tight as you can. If that doesn't
hold, you have a major repair job ahead of you. It's no longer
simple, and it certainly isn't cheap.

I'm glad this worked for you. I hope it holds.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org