[T3] 1971 Fastback

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Apr 21 20:34:26 PDT 2013

There's absolutely NO point in randomly picking suspect parts to
replace. You have to start at a known source of power and trace it
step by step, using a voltmeter or possibly a test light, until you
find where it should be present, but isn't. Only then will you have
located your problem.

And PLEASE, never try to solve problems by randomly rewiring things.
You've made things much more complicated now, and it would probably
take me hours to straighten it out even if I were there and you
thought you remembered what you had changed.

I can't tell whether you have one problem or several. It's possible
that they are related, or there might be several things that have
happened coincidentally. Can you make friends with someone who can
help you locally?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org