[T3] 1971 Fastback

Art Sterrett asterrett2010 at att.net
Sun Apr 21 14:12:00 PDT 2013

Followed your advice and cleaned and checked all connections and turned the key and the fastback started, so I believe the starter may be okay!  The only problem is that it only lasted for 3 days and now we are back to a no start fastback along with a couple of other problems.  I have followed the Bentley manual but have yet to have any success starting this car.  Not sure where to go next unless it would be the ignition switch!  Looking for suggestions on what to look for.

The other problem is with my turn signals and flashers.  They worked fine until just recently, first the left signal became intermittent, then it stopped working altogether.  The right signal and the four way flashers were still working okay until the starter problem.  Now the signals and four way flashers have quit working also.  I started looking at the wiring diagram to determine where and what I needed to check.  I have not moved any wires and everything was working until just recently.  Wiring diagram "C" in the Bentley I believe is the correct diagram for this car which has a date of 9/70 on the door jam.  The relay's are attached as shown in the manual with the low beam in #1, the turn signal-emergency flasher in #3, and the buzzer in #5.  Looking at the wires it appears that the wires that should go to the flasher are attached to #1 instead of #3 although the flashers had been working the way the wires are currently attached.  Out of
 curiosity I put the turn signal=emergency flasher in the #1 position and the right signal and the four ways started working, still no left signal though.  Not being real sharp on electrical problems I am completely lost as what to check.  Help!!!!

Thank you,

Art Sterrett
Mobile, Alabama