[T3] Horn Sound

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Aug 5 06:41:31 PDT 2013

I've never noticed this, probably because I've always had OE horns. I have
some good OE horns here that I've refurbished, if this bothers you enough.

Hella made our OE horns, and they made horns for many German cars.
Many of those cars got 2 horns, high and low (hoch und tief) pitch, to give
a fuller sound together. If this is a Hella horn, marked hoch, then it's the
wrong pitch, which may be the difference.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

It's no big deal. Just curious more than anything.  It does not say Hella on
it anywhere so who knows what kind it is (there is no markings on it
period).  Like I said it's smaller than the OE one.  Here is the video from
last year when we first got her going.  I tooted the horn once or twice in
it so you can hear what it sounds like.  I'll probably just keep it for now
unless it gives any issue.

Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjkMyXaynsw&safe=active