[T3] oo oo that smell (slight return)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Aug 12 12:43:20 PDT 2013

On 12 Aug 2013 at 10:22, Chris Sheridan wrote:

> I burned my hand on the regulator, which was so hot I couldn't touch
> it. it was the source of the smell.

Didn't you have one of the new solid state regulators? I'm sure they
can fail, but I don't know what happens when they do.

The OE style mechanical regulators normally run hot, because there's
a large resistor on the underside. It sounds like yours was hotter
than it should have been.

> what is the best fuse box port to use when hooking up a radio? Which
> terminal did the stock radio use on the fuse box?

The one on the far right. It should have nothing else hooked up to
it.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org