[T3] oo oo that smell (slight return)

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 10:22:59 PDT 2013

I reiinstalled the fan housing and all related paraphernalia. The only new
parts were the longer fan housing bolts, the generator pulley (old part
replacing aftermarket part) and a new continental belt. I started it up and
notice right away the generator light did not come on when starting, and
the smell was still there. I turned if off and poked around until I burned
my hand on the regulator, which was so hot I couldn't touch it. it was the
source of the smell. The Muir book says it went bad and caused my generator
to switch to a motor. I replaced the regulator with a new one and the car
started right up and the idiot light is working again, as well as the
idiot, because i'm back at work having commuted in my VW. Still running the
stock system, the alternator conversion kit is sitting in my trunk left to
die another day. the window handle broke off in my hand putting the window
up this morning so I'm not bored for lack of repairs. Here's a question,
what is the best fuse box port to use when hooking up a radio? Which
terminal did the stock radio use on the fuse box?  It's good to have a
luxury question for a change....
chris
70 fastback