[T3] Huf Ignition Key & Cylinder

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 20:06:09 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/21/2013 8:22:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
snj at blef.org writes:

> Well, the car was originally a 2 key car. VW did that up thru  65.

Actually, the one-key T3 didn't come along until 1967.  It's  not that big
of a deal having two separate keys.  Suppose you have a  Squareback and the
engine is running, and you want to open the locked rear  hatch real quick to
stuff something in it.  A separate key lets you do  that without having to
turn off the engine!

...Yeah, it's overall more  of a hassle than an advantage, but hey, that's
the price you pay for staying  stock.  I just keep trying to convince myself
that it's an actual  advantage.

Søren

Thanks Soren, as I wasn't 100% sure when the cut off was.
Being that I still have a few "older" GM's around, and was raised with
them, I'm used to having 2 keys to a vehicle. In fact my wife's  70 Fastback
and my pickup truck are currently the only 1 key  vehicles we own. Everything
else is 2 keys.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction