[T3] Brake Lights

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 24 17:52:07 PDT 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - Located in Coastal San Diego County
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 02:20:48 -0500
> Subject: Re: [T3] Brake Lights
>
> On 22 Aug 2013 at 15:51, Chris Sheridan wrote:
>
>> I have been letting this go way too long (years?). My brake lights don't
>> work. At All. Is there a most common reason? I'm going to begin
>> troubleshooting and hope to fix the problem this weekend sometime....
>
> It's almost always the switches on the master cylinder. After all
> these years they just go bad. If one goes bad the lights will still
> work, but once the second one fails, the lights stop working.

Trouble is, there is none for the late models that work. All I could find
would light the dash light but not the rear. That is where I left off working
on the Squareback as figured can no longer drive it. Know better, as must be
something from another model that work. Or, are there still switches made in
Germany?

Thank you so very much!
Adrie