[T3] Dieseling (run-on) again

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Aug 25 09:01:36 PDT 2013

Hi Jim,

I just tested now (on my car in the garage, cold) and I hear the two clicks
as normal if I just turn the key to ON.

If I turn the key to ON and then OFF right away, I hear the second click as
soon as the key goes OFF.

The next time I experience the run-on, I will try this simple check and see
if I notice anything different.  This would indicate that the fuel pump
relay is sticking, correct?

Any way to check the main power relay?

Also, what kind of things could be miswired to cause this problem?

Jacob

Don't know about these D systems but I have seen this happen in a modern car
before and It was an injector leaking slightly after it was shut off.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT

Rainsville, AL