[T3] Now that all the T3's are basically done...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Aug 26 19:28:34 PDT 2013

In a message dated 8/26/2013 3:06:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Have you or anyone else used Steele Rubber  Products?
http://steelerubber.com/

They (reportedly) make great  rubber products for a lot of U.S. domestic
vehicles.
Back to some of the  earliest & oldest brands.

Unfortunately. it doesn't appear they  repro any VW rubber.  Although they
have literally hundreds of  Extrusion profiles, sold by the foot lengths,
which MAY work for some of VW  applications.

I know when I had my 1930 Model "A" Ford Coupe   (45B) with rumble seat they
(apparently) were not permitted to repro Ford  products.  ???  But their
rubber products are reportedly  good-quality & long-lasting.

I have, and on several occasions. They mostly make rubber products for
GM's. The closest I've found for another use of 1 of their seals, was some 77
2 door door seals, that I used on 2 different type 3s. One I saw a few
months  ago, and the seals are still holding up nicely after 18 years.
In fact, I checked with them, when I was looking for some obscure parts
for the t-34. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction