[T3] Dieseling (run-on) again

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 20:42:59 PDT 2013

I know that FI cars should not have a run-on issue, and I believe I posted
about this issue with my 1972 FI Square before.  I am having the issue
again and it seems to happen most frequently after a long drive on warm
days.

After doing a bit of searching, I came across somebody else (either on this
list or on samba) that was having a similar issue with their 1972 FI Square
and they replaced either their Fuel Pump Relay or their main FI relay and
the problem went away.  It was unclear from the post which one.

So my questions are, could a sticking one of these cause a run-on issue?
If so, which one?  Is this something I can easily test (before replacing)
or is this the type of issue (assuming it is the cause) that would be
difficult to test because it happens sporadically?

Thanks,

Jacob