[T3] Pressure Sensor & throttle switch for '73 FI

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Aug 27 15:15:13 PDT 2013

On 27 Aug 2013 at 16:00, Gregory Cox wrote:

> Any suggestions on where to find a pressure sensor and throttle switch
> for my '73FI MT Squareback? The Bosch part # on the pressure sensor is
> 0280100007. Does anyone have the VW #?

I have both of those parts, but the pressure sensors very seldom go
bad. OTOH, the 007 number you have is for '70-1 and is a completely
different beast. You want numbers that are consistent for a given
year of FI. If your '73 actually has been switched to a '71 FI
system, then the numbers below will be wrong.

The '70-1 TVS has 4 terminals. The one for '72-3 has 5.

The '73 numbers are:

Pressure sensor: 311 906 021 E / 0 280 100 116

Throttle valve switch: 311 906 111E / 0 280 120 024

I have good used pressure sensors and both NOS and good used throttle
valve switches. There were actually several different versions of the
'72-3 TVS, so there are a couple different Bosch numbers.

I'll send you my instructions for adjusting the TVS, since the
Bentley gets this wrong. The different TVS part numbers are called
out in there.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org