[T3] Rough running 71

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 27 19:32:19 PDT 2013

Well, some days are better than others but the C/D Djet version has always
had an issue with light throttle around 1900 RPM but my 71 is slowly getting
worse around there, its missing under light throttle from about 1800 to 2500
these days, getting better with higher RPM but at around 2000 its getting
pretty bad.

Ive checked over the ignition, timing, TPS, changed out the brain a while
back due to the fuel pump transistor, nothing at fault. FP is rock steady at
30, and I did a full tune up last fall and that didn't change anything
including cleaning the trigger points.  Im starting to think it's the
ethanol.

IT feels just like the carbbed cars did before I increased the idle jets,
but unlike the carbbed cars the gas mileage is if anything, a bit low.  I
did tweak the mixture a bit leaner but that didn't change it.

I pulled the right side injectors thinking of a plugged one but they looked
fine, need to pull the left but it's a pain so I haven't done that yet
Idle is smooth, runs great on the highway, pulls the boat fine.  Im tempted
to put the E version back on but this engine probably isn't going to last
too much longer

Anyone else with a C/D FI having trouble with the Summer blend gas in the
Northeast?

Keith

HEY. was that a SQUAREBACK  in the Ad for Top Gear next Tuesday???  Did I
see that right????

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com