[T3] Update on Sticking Brake Pedal

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 12:19:58 PDT 2013

Yes...rust was evident in the behind-the-pedals area...and, despite efforts to seal up windshield seal, it apparently still doesn't seal entirely. Not to mention the rust strip I found behind and under the fuel tank when I had that out several months ago.  I patched that rust, but I think it was caused from INSIDE...like maybe in bottom of the inaccessible air intakes?...maybe windshield?   Dunno.

I haven't done a REAL bleed job yet, with a helper's foot.  I often use a stick that's just long enough to jam tightly between the brake pedal and the seat. (A strong springy metal slat, adapted at both ends to not damage anything, would be better...but....)    It provides enough push pressure to actually get squirts out of the valves...but I have to do this more times than I would with a helper on the pedal. But THIS time...no squirts from any valves, front or back...just non-bubbly fluid pushed out.  Yes...cap removed from reservoir.

On 31 Jul 2013 at 13:30, J. Jonik wrote:

> Update on Sticking Brake Pedal.
>
> As predicted by some, the problem sure enough was just a sort of
> seized up pedal mounting, too stiff for the still intact spring to
> move cleanly...now thoroughly lubricated.

Nicely done!  ;-)

Did water have anything to do with this getting bad?