[T3] Ethanol in the 71

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Aug 20 19:16:54 PDT 2013

The 71 has been missing consistently at light throttle around the 2000RPM
transition range, normally it has some problem in this area but not an
intermittent miss driving at steady state in 4th.  Ive looked a few things
over, and leaned it a bit as the gas mileage has been in the toilet lately
but the only thing I could find was that the Vac can (265) has failed.  That
might explain the gas mileage, but would having less spark advance under
light throttle cause an intermittent miss?

Perhaps it IS running too lean and the lack of vac advance is masking the
gas mileage symptom.  Now I gotta look thru my stuff for another vac can.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"