[T3] Installing right side mirror

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Dec 17 19:03:19 PST 2013

On 17 Dec 2013 at 19:31, Keith Park wrote:

> You should hoard up that southern sheemetal Jim and bring as much as you can
> to the great North and spread it around!

The only item I've picked up there is a gas tank for Leo's '69 FI
notch. He needed a correct one to replace the one that was ruined by
coating it inside.

I have a bunch of AZ heat exchangers, but I got those from MoFoCo in
Milwaukee. I have no idea where they got them, or why. They probably
got them by mistake when they bought a bunch of beetle heat
exchangers.

Fenders are actually too large to carry comfortably inside even a
squareback. Well, you can fit a front, but the rears won't make it. I
wouldn't even want to think of trying to load one in the Jetta, along
with Melissa and our 3 weeks worth of gear. That would probably end
the marriage.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org