[T3] Tie rods

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Dec 21 13:10:27 PST 2013

I don't remember having to do my Variant tie-rod end boots in the 70,000
miles and 22 years I've run it - I think they're original, as it only had
30K miles on the clock when I bought it.  I know I've had to do them on
newer watercooled cars - poorer quality rubber, maybe, or cooler weather?
Once the boots split, they get grit inside, which doesn't take long to wreck
the joint.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club