[T3] Tie rods

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Dec 21 10:01:20 PST 2013

In a message dated 12/21/2013 11:22:30 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I was in a pinch when I done this and I had these low miles ones  handy so
like I said just put new boots on then and grease in them set the  tow and
let them go.  I was unaware of the tie rods on the market I  thought all the
new ones were just type 1s repackaged. Had I of known this  I would of
replaced them when I had her all torn down.

Well, my T-34 only had 42K on them, but the boots were shot, and the
joints themselves were very sloppy (lots of movement in them). Add in the  grease
was non-existent, and that probably contributed to the wear. But, if  you
let 1 get worn, the others will quickly follow, as they're getting extra
steering inputs (corrections to keep the car going straight) to make up  for
the worn one. By checking around, I found them cheap enough, that I also  did
the ball joints while I was in there. It made a world of difference in
tightening up the front end. :O

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction