[T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Dec 22 03:20:39 PST 2013

Commiserations, Keith.  Our 1986 Mk2 Jetta at 10 yrs old started spraying
coolant around from its radiator.  Our 1982 Polo Squareback bought at 5yrs
old lost all its water on the driveway at home within a couple of months of
buying it - hose split.  Probably caused by all the unkind things the
aircooled VWs were saying to it.  ;-)

A later cheap Polo was not economical to repair when its cylinder head
developed a water leak into the cylinder which would have meant skimming and
messing about.

I wouldn't think you need the extra cooling performance from the pressurised
system in winter, so hopefully that'll work.

Air-cooled rules in my book.  I must go for a drive over Christmas.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club