[T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!

Dave Pallo rdavid at rochester.rr.com
Sun Dec 22 09:45:24 PST 2013

If your block is that thin - any repairs as mentioned are going to be
temporary at best. Real temporary, and you know that at the end of winter;
you are still not going to drive your type 3's until the spring has washed
away the salt off the roads, so you will really be needing that radiator cap
on several months from now!

My advice - go to Craigslist and pick up a cheap car to get you through the
winter and into spring. That way you can drive where you want to go without
worries. You can even park at the tight front spot at the grocery store ;-)
Then come spring - sell the car (there's always a demand for cheap cars) and
properly fix your VW... which sounds like another block is in order.

Dave Pallo

'72 Square ~ Elwood

Fairport, NY