[T3] I miss my Aircooleds in the winter!

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Dec 22 08:35:35 PST 2013

Well Ive been thinking, it's a long hole, a plug wont fit in it and the
surrounds are very thin, almost like sheetmetal.  I don't think a plug will
work BUT, if I can drill and cap cast, this area is very flat behind the
timing belt, Hmm, sandblast the rust off (and find other holes) POR 15 the
Sandblasted metal, then screw a flat piece of stainless over the hole, and
with plenty of RTV between the two so long as the fit is good I think I have
a good repair, the key will be finding the right place to drill and tap.  #1
cyl is right behind there, no gap really so Im gonna havta be careful but as
Brian says...  What do I have to lose?

I cant do this till spring though as I cant even get to the sandblaster now
but the wad of RTV held yesterday, keep my fingers crossed!

Or weld some fins around the outside of the motor and install a BIG fan!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"