[T3] cracked block

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 08:03:09 PST 2013

Hal,

Thanks for the ideas, although this is a winter car for me so keeping things
as simple as possible is my goal, do the A3 blocks have all the same mounts
on them for the bracketry?  I really don't want to get into changing heads
anyway...

With everyone's ideas I think I have something to try for a repair anyway,
with the flexable epoxy's and a stainless plate fastened by MAGNETS.  I was
in one of the scanners at work the other day putting an access plate back on
and sitting there in 30,000 gauss something popped into my mind...
rare-earth magnets! Why not?  4 of them should be more than enough to hold
and no drilling or tapping!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com