[T3] cracked block

Hal Sullivan tristessa at tristessa.us
Sat Dec 28 13:20:21 PST 2013

On 12/27/2013 08:03 AM, Keith Park wrote:
> Thanks for the ideas, although this is a winter car for me so keeping things
> as simple as possible is my goal, do the A3 blocks have all the same mounts
> on them for the bracketry?  I really don't want to get into changing heads
> anyway...

Understood that it's your winter car, just trying to give an extra
option that might've been overlooked in case your patch-over-the-hole
doesn't pan out.  Still, I'd think that spending a weekend thrashing out
an engine swap would be preferable to exposing one of the air-cooled
beasties (or the RX7) to the winter salt. :-)

All the bracketry mounts I've needed have been there, along with some
"extra" ones that an A1-chassis car doesn't need .. everything for the
A2 should bolt up as well.  And honestly, changing heads isn't as big a
job as it is on some engines, I've done them on these cars in an
afternoon with the engine installed.

Fingers crossed for the patch.