[T3] Merry Christmas!!!!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Dec 29 07:29:31 PST 2013

On 24 Dec 2013 at 11:16, Max Welton wrote:

> My daily-driver 68 just got a full set of brake parts for Christmas.
> So rear cylinders, front calipers, all four flex hoses and the
> master-cylinder. I have some more bleeding to do but should be good
> now.

Max, I hope you didn't buy the new calipers that are all I see on the
market today. They have 40 mm pistons rather than 42, so they are
actually Type 1 Ghia calipers, even though they are sold under the
311 part numbers. The smaller diameter results in ~10% weaker braking
force. That's why I always recommend letting me rebuild the OG parts.

If you found a source for the real thing, let us know where they are.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org