[T3] Fuel Hoses

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 14:01:52 PST 2013

Is it correct that there is some agreement that Rubber Fuel Hoses are better than the braided kind?   Or are both just as good?

So, looking for some fuel hose to keep on hand, I found 5/16" rubber hose available at local Auto Parts store.   It fit a metal piece of fuel hose linkage (that I carried around for size) like a tight glove.    I didn't buy any yet.

 BUT...this hose was half again, or more, wider than the braided hose.  I think that would be a squeeze at a few places...like at the injectors, or threaded through the plate at the pump mount....or elsewhere?
  Is there anything to consider about using the fatter rubber fuel hoses?   And, is 5/16" the generally accepted alternative to the metric size?