[T3] Intake air

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 9 13:53:24 PST 2013

On 9 Feb 2013 at 20:42, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Wow Jim your were not kidding on how thin the gasket material was on the intake air runner to had gaskets would be.
> I realize that these are used but looks like the gaskets are not more than copy paper thick on each side.
> Does that sound about right or can I go thicker?
> I have some gasket material but it might be too thick. Tan fiber  1/32 or .08cm thick. (Felpro)

I have some heavy letterhead paper which I think would be just about
right. The original stuff was probably even thinner and more like
typing paper, pretty much what you see there. I would suggest going
thinner than the 1/32 you have. The good news here is that little
thickness is necessary, because the surfaces are already quite flat.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org