[T3] type3-vwtype3.org Digest, Vol 29, Issue 14

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 19:04:50 PST 2013

The front retractable belts I fitted had enough room for the reel on the
left side, but I had to mount a short bracket for the other side reel.  That
was the B-pillar mounting.

I know people with Fastbacks who've mounted the reel on the rear shelf for
the rear belts.  It depends on how the reel was designed to be mounted, as
the locking mechanism (at least on some belts) needs to be in a certain
orientation.  In Squarebacks it could probably be fitted through the trunk
floor with a substantial bracket and reinforcing plates.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club